Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Dear Science,

I've been in a state of deep, reflective thought lately. At this moment I don't yet know what I would like to write in regards to my recent experiences, but I wanted to post a quote that, until this moment in life, probably didn't impact me so profoundly. I never thought my health would be compromised and suppose I took the miracle that was my physical being for granted. But I also never knew of the strength and determination that bubbles up and pours out of you from the deepest places in the desire to heal, in the belief that you will once again be well.

"A wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings, and learn how by his own thought to derive benefit from his illnesses." 
-Hippocrates

As you let the wise words of Hippocrates saturate you, here is some music I've been listening to a lot in the past few weeks. DLZ and Lover's Day, the last two songs on the album, are the ones I find myself putting on repeat. The title is oddly fitting to my state of mind.

TV ON THE RADIO


No comments: